The My Location screen, provides a cool GPS meter that shows the GPS signal strength in realtime, helping you determine the accuracy of the results and on screen information. The stronger the signal, more accurate is the information. At anytime during your usage of the device, you can drag the My Location bar up partially to see the signal strength of GPS. The bars glow in the meter depicting your GPS connectivity. The number of bars in the meter mean the following:
- Zero bars lit – GPS is OFF
- One Red bar – GPS connect not available. Current location is being determined using WiFi or Cell Tower triangulation.
- Two Green bars – GPS connect has been achieved. Accuracy is low.
- Three Green bars – GPS accuracy upto a 50 meter radius. Good accuracy.
- Four Green bars – GPS accuracy is high, lots of satellites connected, accurate upto a 15 meter radius.
Posted in: Frequently Asked Questions - Localscope