Here’s a blast from the past:I’ve figured out how to make Cynapse InfoCryptor work on Ubuntu Desktop. Here’s how you can do it too:
- Install the lastest version of Wine (I used 1.0)
- First, open a terminal window (Applications->Accessories->Terminal). Then add the repository’s key to your system’s list of trusted APT keys by copy andpasting the following:wget -q http://wine.budgetdedicated.com/apt/387EE263.gpg -O- | sudo apt-key add -Next, add the repository to your system’s list of APT sources:For Ubuntu Hardy (8.04):sudo wget http://wine.budgetdedicated.com/apt/sources.list.d/hardy.list -O /etc/apt/sources.list.d/winehq.list
- Update APT’s package information by running ‘sudo apt-get update’.
- Install Winetricks
- wget http://www.kegel.com/wine/winetricks -O ~/winetricks.sh
- chmod +x ~/winetricks.sh
- Install all 3 MDAC components from the GUI that comes when you run:
- Install and run Infocryptor as normal. It will appear under Wine -> Programs -> Cynapse in your Ubuntu Main menu.
Known Issues : Copy paste functionality of passwords is not working! :-